Like many of the other data collection “solutions”, TabbleDabble does not use web-based software, such as micro-sites, simply running inside a browser on a tablet device. TabbleDabble creates native apps that take advantage of all the benefits of running directly on a tablet.
Here are 10 reasons why you should avoid web-based software and micro-sites for tablet data collection and use TabbleDabble instead:
- You are dependent on having an Internet connection. No connection, no data. TabbleDabble’s data collection solutions works online or offline.
- Web-based surveys just don’t look good on tablet devices. Tablets are revolutionary, sleek, simple and elegant. Web-based surveys are out-dated and clunky. Pairing a tablet device with web-based surveys is like trying to mix oil with water. TabbleDabble’s software can be customized to reflect your brand, theme, colours and overall image.
- Your survey runs inside a browser. You see the URL, site title, navigation bar, bookmarks and other browser-related items. TabbleDabble’s software only shows you what you need to see.
- Running a survey inside a browser makes it very easy to exit the survey and check email when no one is looking! Web-based surveys cannot be left unattended. TabbleDabble’s software can be locked down so that surveys cannot be exited.
- There is a noticeable lag or delay in the survey. Each page takes time to load as communication with the server is required at every step of the way. TabbleDabble has no delays at all.
- There are no custom keyboards. You get the standard iPad keyboard regardless of the type of data that needs to be input. This is a pain when you need to enter numbers or data that is made up of letters and numbers (e.g. Canadian postal code). Input validation through pop-up messages are annoying and tacky. TabbleDabble comes with a number of custom keyboards.
- Tapping buttons on a web page inside a browser is not as responsive as tapping buttons in a native app. TabbleDabble solutions are super fast.
- Small text and small buttons make surveys difficult and slow to use. TabbleDabble solutions have been designed by usability experts to be intuitive, fast and easy to use.
- Screen real-estate is not optimized. TabbleDabble uses every pixel of the screen for the survey.
- HTML is so 90s. TabbleDabble is the future of face to face surveys on the iPad.
The facts are clear and the decision is yours. A web-based survey application may get the job done but if you want the fastest, easiest and most reliable way to collect data on a tablet, you need TabbleDabble! Contact us for a free demo and you’ll see why web-based surveys just don’t cut it.